How to track a custom backlink
Our backlink manager integration lets you manually track and report on backlinks that are especially important to you or your clients.
To add a new link to the system, navigate to the Backlinks integration, then click "Manager".
If this is the first link that you're adding, click "Add Backlink" in the center of your screen.
If you've already added at least one backlink for tracking, click the "Add Backlink" button in the upper right hand corner of your screen.
The "Add Backlinks" dialog box will then appear. Fill out each of the following fields:
- URL: The exact URL of the page where the link appears
- Website title: The name of the website hosting the link as you'd like it to appear in your reporting
- Link type: Custom field that you can use to classify links. For example, you might use categories like "Social", "Guest Post", "Paid Link" etc.
- Status: Choose "Published" if this link is live on the web. Choose "Unpublished" if this is a planned link which hasn't gone live yet.
- Date published: If you chose "Published" under the "Status" drop down, then this field will allow you to record the date when the link went live.
- Notes: Optional field for custom notes about this link
When finished, click "Add Backlink".
You can then explore both Published and Unpublished links by clicking the appropriate tab, with graphical analysis by custom link type available for Published links.
Note: It's not currently possible to import custom links or to add them in bulk, and this functionality is not on our roadmap. The backlinks manager is intended for use only with crucially important links.